"Not eating chard. That's what all those weirdos eat at their stupid picnics on the Hungry Ghost lawn." -Nina

July 13, 2008

"Secrets? There Are No Secrets, Only The Allusion Of"


  • Does anyone know what happened to the all the nice and valuable artwork that used to hang in Memorial Hall? I wonder if there was any inventory done of the art? Its been missing for a 10-15 years now maybe. Rumors abound that one piece is worth 6 figures.

  • Before the Gaz ran that story about overtime in the parking department, and while I still spent my days riding around Northampton on my little pink bike, two different people asked me to look into this situation, and directed me to where I could view time cards of a certain employee who would be clocked in from 9-5 but actually was not present at all. Sure as shit, they were right.

    After being contacted by the Gaz, the parking director was quoted as saying, 'We finally got most of the bugs worked out,' referring to the heavy volume of maintenance work that caused the spike in overtime.

    FWIW, the PD seems like a really nice man, and does a good job from what I can tell. But as a commenter noted on the Gaz story, "HAPPEN TO KNOW THAT THE PERSON WHO MADE SUCH AMOUNTS OF OVERTIME AND COMP TIME IS A SECRETARY/RECEPTIONIST...DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? WOULDN'T THE MAINT. GUYS BE CALLED TO FIX PROBLEMS, AND ISN'T THERE A 3-11 GUY WHOSE JOB IT IS TO FIX THE THINGS DURING THESE TIMES????"

  • Im typing this sitting on desk chair that came from the Northampton State Hospital. Is that stolen property? I didnt steal it, someone gave it to me. I'll give it back if someone wants me to. What about all the oak antique roll-top desks? The brass railings? Antique fixtures. Ceramic pedestal sinks. Marble tables. That was public property. It's not public property anymore.

  • I hear that the panhandling ordinance was discussed privately with an elite group of Northampton power brokers, including the Mayor and the Teri Anderson, to get everybody on board in unified agreement, before it was unleashed on an unsuspecting City Council without any public input, whom they were rightly worried might respond to public criticism of the proposal and tank it.

Archives