"Not eating chard. That's what all those weirdos eat at their stupid picnics on the Hungry Ghost lawn." -Nina

May 03, 2008

"You'll Have Fun In NYC"

I ran into the Mayor at the Pride March today, and we talked briefly about my move to nyc. "Hey, you're leaving us for nyc?" she asked. I asked her if the city will have a parade for me when I leave. She told me that I'll have fun in nyc. I appreciate the intended sentiment she meant to express, but I couldn't help replying silently in my head, "I'm not moving to nyc to have fun."

Though no doubt I will enjoy myself there, Im moving to nyc so I can be appreciated, and make a difference. To live and work and love with people who live and work and love themselves, people who do not kneel down before others. People who stand up straight, believe in what they know, and work to affect change. Im moving to nyc to be with people who are too busy to stand on a corner all day telling GW to get out of IRAQ. Though I'm sure the President will call you soon to let you know he heard you and decided to follow your advice. Just one more saturday out there with your signs will surely make the difference.

Im moving to the belly of beast, I hope he swallows me whole. I dont think it will be fun.

Archives