"Not eating chard. That's what all those weirdos eat at their stupid picnics on the Hungry Ghost lawn." -Nina

January 02, 2008

Northamptonist's Year In Review: You Like Me; You Really, Really Like Me!

Thanks so much to all who enjoy my little blog. It was humbling and surprising to hear so many people tell me nice things about Northamptonist. I'm not really sure what it is that people find so enjoyable, and I'm sure most of what is being produced here isn't all that much. But clearly some of it is, and really, thanks so much to all of you who have offered your praise, support, and encouragement. This little blog has acted as a co-conspirator in ways, the Seigfreid to my Roy if you will, and allowed me to do take advantage of things I might not have been presented with otherwise. I'm not sure what the next year ahead will produce, though I have a large backlog of material that should keep me busy for a while, if not so current though.

A best-of post, featuring some of Northamptonist's pulitzer prize contending material, will follow soon but in the meantime, lets take a moment to highlight some praise, criticism, and traffic stats about Northamptonist.

Traffic started slow in August, with my first post. But as the graph shows, visits grew by noticeable amounts every month aside from November, and has grown three fold since the end of the first month. Wouldn't that be great if the same continued to hold true this year? Keep reading y'all! Better yet, what do you want to read about? Tell me. Leave a comment. Let's collaborate.

And what kind of things have people said about Northamptonist?

"What impresses me the most about the Northamptonist is how Paolo wrote a very balanced post on the extrememly contentious issues of development in Northampton,"
-Tish Grier

"...your blog is really a must-read for me at this point."
-Greg Saulmon

"I didn't realize the extent of your writing, analytical, and advocacy skills until I read some of your recent blogs. They don't leave a stone unturned. Plus, they're even funny."
-Ann Foley

"...cheaper and more efficient then the Gazette."
-Erika Kent

"...your soliloquy truly is straight up communism."
-Richard Marsh

"Yikes..."
-Dan Crowley

"...wish I could show you a picture of him because he is really hot!"
-Tommy Devine

"...you are simply uninformed."
-Karen Bouquillon

Thanks to all, including those who said many nice things, non-digitally. Happy New Year.

Any ideas or suggestions for what you would like to see in Northamptonist for 2008, please leave them in the comments.

LABELS: meta

Archives